BMCSF supports active transport outcomes in Leura Local Area Traffic Management (LATM)
Blue Mountains City Council's Leura Local Area Traffic Management (LATM) states that safe and accessible active transport networks that will improve connectivity and encourage increased confidence in walking and cycling in the Leura Mall precinct. The Blue Mountains Cycling Safety Forum has made a public submission to the LATM. Our submission suggests some additions and improvements to Council's plan which will assist the plan meets its active transport objectives. The submission:
1. Supports traffic signals on the intersection of Scott Ave and the Great Western Highway for both carriage ways of the GWH
2. Supports the shared path be extended from Flora Street along Sinclair Ave to a new signalised crossing on the GWH to Scotts Ave to permit an active transport crossing to Scotts Ave and Digger Cooper Reserve
3. Encourages Council to use of green paint and bicycle stencils are all major intersections
4. Supports the construction of an Austroads standard shared bike and pedestrian path west of Leura Mall on Railway Pde
5. Is opposed to tourist buses using Railway Pde/Scott Ave as the major transport route to Leura Mall.
Submission can be read in full after downloading it below